Tuesday 7 February 2012

Chi-key Burgers 
A Meliks' Original © Recipe


I was searching online for a different kind of chicken burger recipe and one caught my eye. It was Tex-Mex themed and used lime juice in the burger patties - sounded delicious! However I noticed it called for store-bought guacamole seasoning as an ingredient. No thanks. I decided against following the recipe and made up my own, but I still used the theme. They ended up being my personal favourite of the three sliders I served at my party - and the easiest to make!

Serving size: 6 burgers or 18 sliders


Ingredients:

3/4 lb ground chicken

3/4 lb ground turkey
Juice of 1/2 of a fresh lime
1 white onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
2 green chillis, finely chopped
1 red chilli, finely chopped
1 cup cilantro, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste


Directions:

  1. If grilling, preheat your grill to medium-high heat. If cooking on a stove, heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
  2. Place chicken and turkey into a medium bowl. Sprinkle with lime juice.
  3. Add all vegetable ingredients, salt and pepper, and mix together with your hands.
  4. Shape your mixture into patties as desired. If grilling, cook for 8-10 minutes on each side. If using a stove-top, place patties in frying pan and cook for 8 minutes on each side, until the meat turns golden brown. Cut through a patty to ensure it's fully cooked.
  5. Top with you favourite ingredients and serve! 
I love the citrus-y taste of the lime, combined with the chillis and peppers. For the Super Bowl, I served these with a thin slice of cheddar cheese, and some extra spicy salsa. They'd taste great topped with tons of veggies too! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment