Thursday 16 February 2012

Super Spicy Guacamole
A Meliks' Original © Recipe

This receipe was a big hit at my first Super Bowl party 2 years ago. I'd never made guacamole before but I knew I wanted to try something different. It ended up being completed eaten before the game even started! Since then my brothers always request it when I hold parties, it has become quite popular! 


Ingredients:
 
2 avocados
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
1 green chilli, seeded and finely chopped
Juice of 1/2 lime
Salt, pepper and cayenne pepper


Directions:
 
In medium bowl, add the meat of the avocados. Mash them with a fork until nice and mushy. 
 
Stir in garlic, onion, pepper, chillis and lime juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Place in a serving bowl and sprinkle on cayenne pepper. 

You'll want to make this right before guests arrive - it will turn brown very quickly (although the lime juice helps combat this). I usually chop up all my peppers and onion a day ahead of time, so I can make the dip right when my friends arrive. Another method to prevent the browning is to put the avocado seed right in the dish with the guac

1 comment: