Monday 27 February 2012


Lemon Coconut White Chocolate Cookies

I'm not a huge cookie person, but I needed a recipe that would be quick for my Thursday Bribe last week. I found this one and was stoked - my two favourite dessert flavours (lemon and coconut), in a quick, easy to prepare recipe! Money. My colleagues loves them; and I had enough leftover to bring them to two parties on the weekend!



Ingredients:


1 3/4 cup flour
1 /2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1tsp vanilla extract
zest from one lemon
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup white chocolate chips


Directions:


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees C. Spread out coconut flakes over a baking sheet and toast in the oven for approx. 6 minutes, stirring frequently. They will burn if you aren't careful! Once they are golden brown, remove from the oven and set aside.


In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Add egg, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix until incorporated. Add flour mixture and blend. Stir in toasted coconut flakes and white chocolate chips.


Line your baking sheets with parchment paper. Drop the baking dough onto the sheets - mine were in mounds about the size of golf balls.


Bake for 10-12 minutes. Don't overbake; the idea consistency is soft in the middle, but firm enough to last being transferred to a cooling rack.


I always like to dig into my baking right when it's out of the oven - you get a gooey consistency that you can never recreate. However, I found these cookies tasted much better after cooling and sitting for a day - they were a bit crispy and that added a lot to the experience. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment